INTERESTING MOMENTS OF OUR HISTORY
1878: Following the erection of the plant Bernát Neumann had Bavarian, and Saxon glassmakers relocate to Ajka.
1879: A report by the Chamber, the contemporary equivalent of the Ministry of Finance finds: ‘[the factory] manufactures concave glass, and cylinder glass’
1891: The Kossuth company acquired the plant, and exports went all the way to the United States of North America, East India, and Germany.
1914: Production stopped due to shortage of labour.
1916: Plant re-started operating one furnace.
1945: Plant stopped again due to blocked raw material supplies, and re-started within a year.
1948: Plant nationalised, employing 409 workers at the time.
1960s and 70s: Lead crystal production started, and new production halls were built. Firing technology upgraded from producer gas to natural gas, and pottery kilns were replaced by tank furnaces featuring continuous melting.
1990: It was a period when production ratcheted up, and technical development sky rocketed. The company introduced electric glass melting ensuring environmentally friendly, and quality glass, manual glass paining, and the manufacturing of products with combined colours.
The 2nd production site was completed in Ajkacsinger to produce forest glass.
Ajka Crystal became part of the FOTEX group.
1991: The porcelain painting shop of high artistic standards opened its doors.